Thursday, October 17, 2019

Caucasus Research Group

This group will collaborate with each other to gather and share data of the North and South Caucasus,  which comprises an area of thousands of miles.  Russian records are a challenge, but I now have a new contact looking into record access. I started a database years ago once I discovered Caucasus materials are scattered in numerous publications, on-line sources, and organizations. I have devoted extensive hours at the FHL reading and studying the fascinating history of this area.  Numerous Germans from Russia traveled to and from the Caucasus, some on hunting forays, military, and new settlements.  These families were members of numerous religions and nationalities.

I have researched all publications by Dr. Mai and others, looking for village movement to the Caucasus. It's amazing how many people made the trek with families, babies, elderly, household goods, and farm equipment.  Hardy stock. 

Eventually data will be placed on wikipedia.  I intend to create a page for this data. The FHL staff are aware of my goals and often direct me to new sources. They listen to requests for new research purchases. If you are interested in learning about this subject and wish to join me in this search, please let me know.  My goal is to spend Wednesdays (at least) at the library. Come and join the search.  Many projects await attention, some small and some large.

Thanks for your support!
Dee Hert



No comments:

Post a Comment