Sunday, November 25, 2012

Einlauf Chicken Soup

2 eggs
1/2 c. water
1 c. flour
1 tsp. salt
3 qt. chicken broth

Beat eggs slightly.  Add water, flour, and salt.  Beat until smooth.  Drip slowly into chicken broth, stirring continuously.  The Einlauf take the place of noodles.

Sie Unser Gast
North Star Chapter of Minnesota

Today I tried this soup, and was pleasantly surprised. I admit to having not skimmed the fat off of the broth, so that extra fat probably made it extra flavorful. I have been reading this cookbook like a regular book, and have loved learning new things about my heritage.  As you know, if you've followed this blog, I've really been getting into learning how to cook some of the Germans from Russia recipes. Taking some cooking classes in Portland this summer was definitely a plus for me.  If you don't have this recipe book and are interested, I highly recommend it.

No comments:

Post a Comment