Sunday, July 29, 2018

A Message from Dee Hert

Let's work as a group towards our research.  Many chapter members have suggested we conduct joint research, so this is not an original idea.  It's just the start of what I hope will be momentum towards a positive direction.

Lets work together towards our common goals.


This is what I propose:

1.  Think about your research needs, what do you want to accomplish?

2. Take notes, make comprehensive lists.

3. To prepare in advance contact me with your lists, such as a need to search a specific village, surname chart, etc.  I am aware of several previous requests to locate German origins. Add skills you would like to learn/perfect.

4. Need Skype?  We can make that available upon request.

5. A list of needed research resources will be composed, in the hope that eventually we can make necessary purchases.  Knowing this might influence purchase decisions.  Individuals are "considering" a generous donation towards record acquisition; their interest may be similar to our interests. 

6. Grants and similar programs wait to hear from us.

7. Caucasus.  Remember my request to share what you have regarding the Caucasus as I am developing a database of this information.


From this material I will determine if my library contains the necessary material, and if not I will contact members who agree to look-ups..  Also, another most valuable location of genealogical real estate is the Family History Library.  As stated before, I try to get to the library at least once a week, for myself and numerous other GR's who do not live in Utah.  My numerous requests for assistance to help other GR's stands, the stack of requests grows rather than diminishes.

I realize many of us do not live minutes from each other, thus I/we will be flexible to accommodate your schedule and needs.   I am finally retired after 30 years, and am willing and able to devote time as an on-going project.

Hopefully this is a long-term project and as we transition to new ideas, we will embrace one another's talents and abilities and leadership.

No comments:

Post a Comment